Welcome to PDC® and AREA® Companies
PDC® and AREA® companies are your local environmental services experts. In addition to traditional curbside waste and recyclable collection, we have the resources to provide technical consulting, laboratory analysis, equipment rental, transportation, brokerage, hazardous waste disposal, and many other environmental services.
PDC and AREA Companies have been preferred environmental services providers for more than 80 years.
- 1928 - John Coulter buy his first truck and begins collecting waste in West Peoria, Ill., under the business name of John Coulter & Sons.
- 1942 - Following John's death, the second generation of Coulters take over the company. The Coulter brothers — Elmer, Reuben, and Melvin — rename the company Peoria Disposal Company (PDC).
- 1958 - PDC grows to serve 15,000 homes and 3,000 commercial customers.
- 1962 - PDC expands business to serve Tazewell and McLean Counties.
- 1965 - PDC earns the City of Peoria's waste collection contract and doubles size of fleet to 25 trucks.
- 1971 - PDC wins its first industrial hauling contract from Caterpillar.
- 1979 - Elmer Coulter, President of PDC, dies at the age of 59.
- 1981 - PDC Laboratories, Inc. is formed
- 1983 - Royal Coulter becomes the third generation of Coulters to lead the company.
- 1989 - PDC begins its rapid growth with the acquisition of AREA Disposal Service.
- 1990 - 2000 - PDC and AREA Companies purchase more than 25 companies within the disposal, trucking, recycling, landfill, and laboratory fields.
- 2000 - PDC Laboratories, Inc. receives validation by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for testing at government cleanup sites.
- 2000 - PDC receives its Transfer Station Permit for Peoria from the IEPA.
- 2000 - Brown's Trash (Jacksonville) and Major Disposal (Clinton) are acquired by Area Disposal.
- 2001 - PDC Laboratories receives its National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP) accreditation for adherence to strict environmental standards.
- 2001 - DeGroot Disposal (Alexandria) and Watt Sanitation (Timewell) are acquired by Area Disposal.
- 2001 - PDC begins its first large-scale waste-by-rail project.
- 2002 - The Clinton Landfill is expanded by 33 million air yards, extending its life by 50 years.
- 2003 - Area Disposal acquires the Indian Creek Landfill in Tazewell County with plans to accept waste in 2004.
- 2003 - Area Disposal acquires Quincy Waste Services (Quincy) and Bodine Disposal Service (Decatur).
- 2003 - Peterman Disposal (Rushville) is acquired by Area Disposal.
- 2003 - The company celebrates 75th Anniversary in September at Wildlife Prairie Park and is featured in Waste Age Magazine.
- 2004 - Royal Coulter is inducted into the EIA Hall of Fame at the 2004 Waste Expo in Dallas, TX.
- 2004 - Buster Sanitation acquires Waste Management in Jacksonville, IL.
- 2005 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. acquires Creative Trash Services located in Monticello, IL.
- 2006 - C & S Waste Services, Inc., acquires Sollars Disposal located in Gifford, IL.
- 2008 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. acquires Craft Disposal located in Liberty, IL,
- 2008 - Area Disposal Service, Inc./Buster Sanitation acquires Angelo's Trash Service located in Jacksonville, Il.
- 2008 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. acquires Ron's Garbage Service located in Middletown, IL.
- 2008 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. acquires Austin's Disposal, Inc. located in Georgetown, IL.
- 2008 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. acquires Waste Management's roll off business located in Champaign, IL.
- 2008 - Buster Sanitation Services, Inc. acquires Gum Disposal, Inc. in Petersburg, IL.
- 2009 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. acquires Disposal Pro, Inc. located in Carthage, IL.
- 2009 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. acquires Cox Disposal located in Rossville, IL.
- 2010 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. acquires Kleanway Disposal located in Champaign, IL.
- 2011 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. acquires CC Disposal, a refuse and recycling hauling business located in Decatur, Il.
- 2011 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. is named Business of the Year by Pike County Chamber of Commerce
- 2012 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. acquires Welker Disposal Co. located in Ellisville, IL.
- 2012 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. acquires Barnes Sanitation located in Hardin, IL.
- 2012 - Area Disposal Service, Inc. acquires Armstrong Disposal Service, Inc. located in Oakford, IL.
PDC® and AREA® Companies are your local environmental services expert. We offer a wide range of environmental management services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers of Central Illinois, East Central Missouri, the Midwest, and beyond.
Solid Waste and Recycling
PDC and AREA Companies provide solid waste disposal and recycling services for 38 counties across central Illinois and five counties in northeast Missouri. In addition to standard pick-up services for residential and commercial customers, we also provide services for large-scale and unique recycling or disposal needs. For more information, contact Sarah Colvin at 309.688.0760 or email@example.com.
Hazardous Waste Treatment and Disposal
PDC provides hazardous waste disposal services to clients in 11 states throughout the midwest. With an extensive fleet of trucks, we also have what it takes to transport your hazardous waste safely and efficiently. For more information, contact Linda Kocher at 309.688.0760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.