The City of Jacksonville has an agreement with Area Disposal to pick up recycling material from your home two times per month. Figuring out when to set out your recycling material is as easy. First look at the route map, find your street and determine which day of the week the recycling truck is in your neighborhood. Once you determine the day, pick the corresponding day of the week from the Jacksonville calendars to determine which date each month to set our your recycling. Here is a list of material you can divert from the landfill:
The following Recyclable Material will be collected:
- Paper, including newspapers, junk mail, magazines, telephone books, computer paper, writing paper, paperboard boxes and flattened corrugated boxes;
- Rigid plastic containers, including #1, #2, #3, #4 (excluding plastic bags), #5 and #7 plastics;
- Glass bottles and jars;
- Aluminum cans and foil trays; and
- Steel cans, including empty aerosols.
- Cartons, such as, milk, juice, and similar packaged items